Friday, August 26, 2011

Yearly festival in my village Castets I


Up until 1999 there used to be an arena for course landaise in our village. They were falling apart and destroyed at that time... and this year the mayor decided to bring a mobile version to the same spot for the yearly village festival! I think it was a great idea to revive the old traditions.


Beautiful, Spanish inspired costumes

He attracts the cow to avoid her going for the guy who just jumped!


Concentrated fascinated children

The rope handler has an important role to play, making sure the cow starts from the exact right position

During the break, some Spanish dances!

A training instrument?

The adrenaline is for real. Sometimes the cow gets too close....

He made a run for it and barely escaped...

Look at his face!

It looks like he is too close but he made it. The closer the better.


2 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some
    stories/information. I know my subscribers would appreciate your work.
    If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.


    Take a look at my blog post :: book of ra app ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Anonymous, I don't have your email…. and the link isn't active? /Eva

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please say hello! It is so nice to see if somebody has read a post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails